If you live in a council or housing co-op or any other form of social housing construction, you probably have a secure or secure lease. This will not be the case if you live in temporary homeless housing, a housing co-op, a residential or nursing home, subsidized housing or shared real estate. Any deposit paid by the lessor must be protected in a state-approved deposit guarantee system. Money is regulated during the lease to avoid abuse and unfair deductions. Otherwise, if you rent the property for six months while the original tenant is gone, you will most likely have a secure short-term rent. If you are a tenant of the council, you most likely rent by a safe rent. Safe rental conditions are the standard rental agreement, unless most registered tenants of the housing co-op who live in self-contained housing are safe tenants. Mandatory forms for safe leases have been amended to reflect changes to ownership procedures in the Coronavirus Act 2020. Not all are equal and some rights depend on whether your lease is in the contractual phase (the fixed term has not expired or no notice has been notified) or the legal deadline. You can have a variety of rental and rental contracts depending on the exact situation in which you became a tenant.

You will find a complete breakdown of your rights and obligations with the Shorthold Insurance lease in our special guide – Tenancy Contracts and Shorthold Tenancy Insurance (AST). The lease describes how the lease can be terminated by you if your landlord can distribute you, your right to “peace” of the property and the repairs for which you and your owner are responsible. If you are having trouble obtaining your rental agreement, you should contact the landlord`s local office. They may be able to help you or refer you to a helpline or other agency. A secure tenant cannot sublet the entire house if he terminates his security status and cannot be recovered. It is also a misdemeanor, see the social housing scam for more details on this and illegal profit orders. It is important that you read each lease carefully before signing; Ask questions, seek answers and not rush into a treaty and its obligations. You need a written lease that notes the basic conditions and condition of your lease with the city council. The City Council cannot change the basic terms of your lease without first obtaining a written agreement from you, although it can increase the rent if it follows the correct procedure.

Your rights and obligations depend on the specific lease you use to verify that first. During the periodic rent, the landlord can propose a rent increase, but you can dispute it. You are safe from eviction as long as you continue to pay the previously agreed rent while the proceedings in question continue.